• Prefer 1-2 years Immigration experience. Will consider a recent graduate with demonstrated commitment to the practice of immigration law through any combination of internships/clerkships/coursework
• Experience with family petitions, asylum, U-Visa's and VAWA's, TPS, etc...
• A team player who is open to helping, strategizing, and working with fellow associates
• Must speak Spanish
• Interpersonal skills of the highest caliber as well as excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills
• Commitment to support immigrant rights and to zealously advocate for clients’ ability to remain in the United States
• Meet with potential clients for strategic immigration consultations and determine the strategy
• Manage workload of cases
• Prepare diverse immigration applications, including asylum, victim of crime visas, and family-based immigration petitions
• Prepare and review immigration applications/packets and make any necessary adjustments
• Develop strategy and prepare clients/witnesses for court/USCIS testimony
• Provide legal analysis for clients to determine risks and benefits of applications
• Prepare and submit legal briefs for a variety of immigration cases
• Mentor interns and volunteer attorneys
Must speak Spanish fluently.
Must have law degree and licensed to practice in Utah and other states.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: Health benefits for employee (75% covered by organization)
About Immigrant Legal Services
Immigrant Legal Services is a nonprofit legal agency that believes in helping clients navigate the complex immigration system through high quality and affordable legal representation. We are an organization not motivated by profit but with a goal to provide immigrants access to legal help regardless of their ability to pay or the complexity of their case.