Dynamic self-starter for fast-paced, exciting work environment assisting the firm's Immigration team with U.S. business immigration matters.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
At Nixon Peabody, our priority is to attract, retain and promote talented individuals who have an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious, professional, personal, and other backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Boston, MA, Rochester, NY or Providence, RI
• Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate or appropriate job-related experience required
• 3-5 years of employment-based immigration experience
• Experience preparing H-1B, TN, L-1, I-140, labor certification and adjustment of status cases
• Experience working with PERM
• Knowledge of LawLogix, a plus
• Excellent, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Exceptional drafting, proof-reading and communication skills
• Ability to work independently, plan and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with minimum supervision
• Must be a team player while effectively and efficiently using firm resources
• Prepare, draft, and file of temporary, as well as immigrant, visas
• Assist with privileged and/or confidential documents for clients
• Assist with research and maintain files
• Other responsibilities as client needs dictate
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran.
Internal Number: 2882
About Nixon Peabody LLP
We see 21st century law as a tool to help shape our clients’ futures.
Our focus is on knowing what is important to our clients now and next so we can foresee obstacles and opportunities in their space and smooth the way. We ensure they are equipped with winning legal strategies as they navigate the exciting and challenging times we live in.