The Attorney Recruiting Assistant Manager will manage and administer the lateral associate and counsel recruitment process, on-campus interview program and summer associate program in the Washington, DC Office.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and innovative team that is fully supported by an invested hiring partner, partner recruiting committee and recruiting department director (how refreshing is that to hear?!), we hope you will apply.
What You Will Do.
Law Student/On-Campus Recruitment Process:
- Manage all aspects of the on-campus recruiting, callback interviews and offer follow-up processes and programs for the DC office.
- Interview law student candidates and provide interview evaluations; attend and facilitate DC hiring committee meetings, make candidate recommendations to the committee.
- Working with the firm-wide recruitment team plan interviewer training and other interviewer prep meetings and logistical correspondence.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with law school career office contacts.
- Manage and administer the 1L diversity scholar recruitment process for the DC office.
- Working with the firm-wide recruitment team, develop and lead a first-rate and comprehensive summer associate program in the DC office.
- Monitor summer associate workloads and assignment evaluations to ensure continuous feedback and balanced workloads.
- Partner with professional development team to determine and schedule training programs and scheduling all summer committee meetings.
- Oversee coordination of first-year associate pre-arrival communication, on-boarding and logistics process.
Lateral Associate/Counsel Recruitment:
- Manage the full-cycle lateral recruitment process for DC associate, counsel and professional track attorney candidates, ensuring a first-rate experience for all candidates.
-Partner with practice group leaders to determine lateral hiring needs and establish creative avenues to effectively and efficiently fill positions with top talent.
-Communicate effectively and responsively with candidates and internal practice group leaders on all aspects of the recruitment process.
- Establish and maintain relationships with legal search firms and other external recruitment sources. Circulate internal referral emails; utilize alumni network, diverse attorney organizations and LinkedIn Recruiter to advertise needs and source lateral attorney talent.
- Assist in developing talent pipelines, alternative strategic recruitment methods and firm-wide processes and procedures to effectively and efficiently fill positions with top-rate talent.
- Analyze, compile, and update various demographic and recruitment data reports.
- Oversee DC associate/counsel orientation and onboarding process to ensure completion and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with office specific recruitment budget. Review and approve expense reports and make annual budget recommendations.
- Stay current and informed on legal industry recruitment best practices, trends and news; be an active member of local legal recruitment organization and NALP.
- Attend and assist with facilitating recruiting committee meetings and department meetings.
Who You Are.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of professional recruitment experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a law firm, law school, legal recruitment agency or similar professional services organization is required. Must have at least one year of experience managing and training a direct report. Candidates with a J.D. and at least 3 years of practice as a law firm associate are encouraged to apply.
Outstanding interpersonal, judgement and communication skills. Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment demonstrating reliability, dependability and flexibility is essential.
Must be able to work occasional extended hours during busy periods, attend all summer associate evening events and travel when needed.
Advanced technical skills and expertise in candidate tracking platforms, electronic presentations (powerpoint of equivalent), data presentation (excel or equivalent) and social media, plus the ability to adapt and learn new technology and software.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload to manage multiple responsibilities and changing priorities. Must be able to work independently and effectively delegate and supervise junior team members to ensure accurate and timely work flow.
Superior interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to provide quality client service on routine and complex matters with internal and external contacts (candidates, attorneys, search firm professionals, law school representatives and all levels of firm professional staff).
Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
About Crowell & Moring
We are Crowell & Moring
Founded 40 years ago with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With approximately 550 lawyers based in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.