The Attorney Recruiting Assistant will assist in the planning, organization and implementation of the On-Campus Interview process, Fall and Summer recruitment efforts as well as providing general support to the Legal Talent Department.
• Assist with law school events and outreach activities such as mock interview programs, panel discussions and other networking events.
• Serve as primary point of contact for the summer associate work allocation database, including overflow data entry of assignments, follow up regarding assignment due dates, evaluation of projects and copies of work product for summer associates.
• Assist with scheduling and compilation of summer associate evaluations including mid-point and final reviews.
• Compile materials for Recruiting Committee meeting regarding summer program full-time offers.
• Coordinate 10+ OCI visits throughout the fall recruiting season, as well as various additional recruiting programs, including career fairs. Handle registration and travel arrangements as well as binder/material preparation.
• Support fall on campus resume processing and call-back interview processing including coordination of letters to OCI students and file preparation.
• Serve as primary point of contact for law students who will schedule call-back interviews including interfacing with World Travel as needed.
• Assist with judicial clerk recruitment process including preparation of judicial clerk recruiting letters to multiple appellate courts.
• Organize summer associate orientations and new hire paperwork for summer associates.
• Assist with the summer associate program including assistance with event coordination, follow up and logistical support.
• Assist with lateral attorney interview schedules, file creation, offer letters and overall lateral process support.
• Assist with special projects in the areas of recruiting, professional development and diversity as needed.
• Provides general administrative support to the Legal Talent Department including answering telephones, distributing mail, and scheduling meetings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
College degree required.
The successful candidate will be extremely motivated, detail oriented and organized. This person must be able to effectively prioritize and manage changing project criteria, multiple projects and tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Advanced knowledge of MS Office is required.
*Wiley Rein is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*This Organization Participates in the E-Verify program.
Founded in 1983, Wiley Rein is a dominant presence in the nation’s capital. With more than 250 lawyers, the firm has earned international prominence by representing clients in complex, high-stakes regulatory, litigation, and transactional matters. The firm has dramatically expanded and evolved since we first opened our doors more than 30 years ago. Many of the firm’s lawyers and public policy advi...sors have held high-level positions in the White House, on Capitol Hill, and in federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and the U.S. Department of Justice. Many of our attorneys have active high-level security clearances that allow them to quickly “read in” to matters when there is a need to access classified materials. The Legal Times has noted that the firm “represents as perfect a merging of public policy and corporate America as exists in Washington.”
The firm operates at the intersection of politics, law, government, business, and technological innovation, representing a wide range of clients—from Fortune 500 corporations to trade associations to individuals—in virtually all industries. We have demonstrated success in areas that include energy, manufacturing, defense, aerospace, intelligence, information technology, professional services, telecommunications, health care, A&E, and construction. We believe delivering consistent and successful results is achieved through building true partnerships with our clients. We do this by understanding the industries and economic climate in which they operate and the current and potential legal issues that impact their business. Most importantly, because Wiley Rein remains a Washington, DC-based firm that largely operates out of a single office, we are able to control costs and billing rates in a manner that is nearly impossible in large, multi-office or multinational law firms.