RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children's hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey's second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns.
RWJBarnabas Health requires a talented and creative attorney with top academic credentials to join our outstanding team of attorneys to provide comprehensive legal services for the RWJBarnabas Health outpatient facilities, growing employed physician practices, and hospitals. This new position is located in RWJBarnabas Health's West Orange, NJ corporate headquarters.
The successful applicant will perform the following core functions:
1. Drafting and negotiation of various types of contracts, including software/IT, purchasing, research, out-sourcing, managed care contracts, and leases and other real estate related contracts, and various other types of complex contracts.
2. Preparation, review, negotiation and counseling on physician employment and group service agreements and handling of various other transactions related to the System's physician group, the System's outpatient services and the System at large.
3. Providing advice on regulatory, compliance, risk management and other legal issues, including HIPAA, tax exemption, fraud and abuse laws, anti-kickback issues, the False Claims Act, professional liability and insurance issues.
4. Providing advice to the System's Boards and executives on governance issues and counseling Medical Staffs on disciplinary issues, bylaws and credentialing.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding academic credentials, large law firm experience, regulatory knowledge, outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication, negotiating, drafting and writing skills, demonstrated capability for legal research, and ability to work independently.
- JD Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing legal advice to corporate clients in a complex environment
- 8-15 years' experience, including demonstrated physician contracting and healthcare law
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
· Medical/Dental/Vision plans
· 401 (k)
· Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
· Short & Long Term Disability
· Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer