Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
General Description-Legal Unit
The Legal unit controls legal risk by providing legal services to the front and back office with respect to customer transactions, providing litigation support and supporting the compliance function.
Provide legal representation to the Bank and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including drafting and reviewing loan and other documentation.
Prepare training materials for seminars to front and back office on legal and bank regulatory topics.
Provide legal and regulatory advice to various units on transactional and operational matters.
Provide legal and corporate secretary functions to one or more board of directors and/or committees thereof of Bank affiliates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise as to the interpretation, implementation and compliance with a variety of banking regulations with a specific focus on regulations applicable to bank holding companies/intermediate holding companies, such as, among other things, bank regulatory capital requirements under FRB guidelines and Basel Accords, enhanced prudential standards under Dodd-Frank and Volcker Rule requirements
- Other transaction support
- Give advice as to regulatory matters affecting structuring transactions
- Review/prepare internal documents, policies, etc. for other units or Bank-wide policies and procedures
- Prepare training materials and deliver lectures on relevant legal and regulatory topics
- Assist with interpretation and compliance with internal Bank policies and procedures
- Perform corporate secretary functions for one or more boards of directors
- Prepare various filings and communicate with banking regulators
Legal and Bank Regulatory Developments: Keep abreast of, and advise bank officers regarding, relevant legal and bank regulatory developments.
- 7 years law firm / in house experience in banking regulation
- Experience in regulations related to bank holding companies/intermediate holding companies (bank regulatory capital requirements under FRB guidelines and Basel Accords, enhanced prudential standards under Dodd-Frank and Volcker Rule requirements)
- Law degree (J.D.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with line bankers as well as senior management to explain legal/regulatory risks in detail
- Ability to work independently and unassisted
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accommodate expedited deadlines
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.