Berry Appleman & Leiden, a premier global corporate immigration law firm, is seeking a Staff Attorney with at least 1 year of experience handling a caseload of NIV and some IV, to join the firm in our Houston office. This is a regular, full-time position.
Berry Appleman and Leiden's (BAL's) dedicated professionals share core values that support our mission to be the world’s most trusted resource for corporate immigration services. These values enable us to navigate every step of the immigration process and rapidly resolve even the most complex cases. The collegial environment is one that we cherish and work hard to maintain. To do that, we look for bright talent to deepen our experience and continue to deliver the exceptional service that our clients have come to expect. You too can join our mission!
The Staff Attorney provides assistance to the assigned team(s) in the filing of immigration case work and may also be required to "float" among teams, providing temporary support and coverage. This role also conducts legal research and assists with the preparation of complex written projects for immigration cases. The employee may work with large teams, complex or high-profile cases.
• Provide support and leadership to assigned team(s).
• Provide coverage for attorneys on vacation and leave of absence.
• Assist with the maintenance of case work quality and consistency on the assigned team(s).
• Evaluate cases and assist in providing case strategies and/or solutions to issues.
• Guide client and employees through processes.
• May liaise with other attorneys or departments in the firm on projects.
• May conduct comprehensive review of filings.
• May provide supervision of other employees, as required.
• Perform legal research and prepare legal memoranda and/or legal briefs.
• Analyze facts, patterns and complex legal issues to provide sound legal advice.
• Prepares immigration-based filings for complex case management.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to speak/write a secondary language is a plus
• Superior client service skills
• A minimum of 12 months experience working as a business immigration attorney.
• J.D. degree
• Must have passed a state bar examination
Berry Appleman & Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of BAL to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. BAL prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is market competitive and based on experience
Berry Appleman & Leiden (BAL) is widely respected for resolving the most challenging corporate immigration cases, regardless of volume or complexity. We serve clients across a broad spectrum of global industries, from science and technology, to manufacturing and engineering, to energy and financial services, to sports and entertainment.
BAL's dedicated professionals share core values that suppo...rt our mission to be the world’s most trusted resource for corporate immigration services. These values enable us to deftly navigate every step of the immigration process and rapidly resolve even the most complex cases. Our collegial environment is one that we cherish and work to maintain. We look for bright talent to deepen our experience and deliver the type of service our clients have come to expect.